Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Love Dare:Day 19 Love is Impossible

The Love Dare
Today's Dare
Look back over the dares from previous days.  Were there some that seemed impossible to you?  Have you realized your need for God to change your heart and to give you the ability to love?  Ask Him to how you where you stand with Him, and ask for the strength and grace to settle your eternal destination.

   After reading through this chapter a few times I've realized how many times over the last few weeks that God was working directly through me. Especially on the days that seemed impossible to get through. Days where I felt so much hate and resentment toward him for hurting me. Days where every bad thing he has said and done to me were being repeated in my mind over and over. Times when I almost convinced myself that this whole thing wasn't worth it because I wasn't good enough to fight for and completely convinced he had lost all love for me....those were the days that God molded me and kept pushing me forward through my stumbling, weak and tired body. I could barely get through those days, full of anxiety, panic attacks, tears and a completely broken heart.... It was only through those days that I realized how much I had to fully rely on God's love and strength. Its not on my own strength that I'm able to continue this journey. It's not my own love that I'm able to forgive my husband and myself for the hurts we have caused each other and to continue to love him how Christ loves me.
 It's all God! We simply cannot do it without Him. 
   In this chapter, I love how it reminds us, "If you're not right with God, you can't truly love your spouse because God is the source of that love. God is love. We have all fallen short of Gods commands (Romans 3:23). We have all demonstrated selfishness, hatred and pride. We are all sinners."
  Today I pray that my heart will continue to stay open to Gods will for me and I can have a more intimate relationship with Him. That I can stay focused on where He wants me to be and that I can be a light of His love in a dark world.


http://www.klove.com/blog/post/2010/01/24/Love-Dare-Day-19.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment