Thursday, March 13, 2014

Love Dare: Day 21 Love is satisfied in God


The Love Dare
Today's Dare
Be intentional today about making a time to pray and read your Bible.  Try reading a chapter out of Proverbs each day (there are thiry-one - a full month's supply), or readin a chapter in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John).  As you do, immerse yourself in the love and promises God has for you.  This will add to your growth as you walk with Him.


  I woke up this morning in a little sour mood from the disagreement we had the night before and I left his house crying. First thing I did was open up chapter 21 and low and behold, first thing it tells me to do is to read my Bible. So that's what I did...for 3 hours. 
I prayed, read, prayed and read. I just had time to be with my Lord. I had a friend coming over for lunch and so I had some time to visit with her and catch up, which was a really great visit and after that I was off to work for the rest of my day. 
  What I noticed that was different about this time, was that if we would've gotten into that same small, stupid fight 3 weeks ago, I would've let it ruin my whole next day and would've been very resentful toward him for not hearing me out and not understanding me. Instead, I asked God what I could learn from it. He told me to let it go and focus on God and myself. So that's what I did all morning. It set up my whole day to be filled with joy, in good spirits toward my friend and had a great night at work! I will take that over being in a bad mood any day! 
   When we stop taking our focus off the Lord and the work He is doing in us, then we take steps back (which is only natural because we are imperfect humans and we will stumble). We have to remember to not dwell on our mistakes, we need to keep moving forward, even if we are dragging ourselves along. This was another reminder of how much I need God everyday and in every situation. 
  I have been in constant prayer through out everyday. I prayed a lot today for my husband to continue to open up to me and let down his walls. I yearn to talk to him, about anything. Just conversation. 

   In this chapter I was reading:
(Philippians 4:67) "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

  This is such a great reminder to give God your worries and trust Him completely and allow Him to give you peace. I know my husband will open up to me when the time is right for him, I just need to be patient and trust The Lord that He has things in the works that I can't see or even fathom. Today I thanked The Lord for bringing me through my darkest hour (the day my husband got divorce papers) and making me die to myself and be reborn in His love. God's work is so heavy and so amazing!

"In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:12-13)


http://www.klove.com/blog/post/2010/01/26/Love-Dare-Day-21.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment