Thursday, March 13, 2014

Love Dare: Day 20 Love is Jesus Christ

The Love Dare
Today's Dare
Dare to take God at His Word.  Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation.  Dare to pray, "Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner.  But You have shown Your love for me by dying to forgive my sins, and You have proven Your power to save me from death by Your resurrection.  Lord, change my heart, and save me by Your grace."

  Today's dare is an impactful & personal one. The first part of this journey was about me learning how to be humble in serving my husband, even when I didn't want to and when he didn't deserve it. That's the ONLY way we learn how to love sacrificially. Through God's strength and love, not on our own. We as humans will never be able to grasp the concept of Gods love for us. We can only accept it and strive to be like Christ. That is a TRUE Christian....to be Christ-like. I have failed so many times at this. I also know that until recently I never truly understood what it meant. I can never earn God's love, by His grace I already have it. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
   This day didn't end how I wanted it. We got into an argument over something really stupid when I went over to his house and I ended up leaving in tears because we were both frustrated and not understanding one another's sides. We still have alot of work to do in the communication area but that will come with time. I knew that this situation was just one of many we will come across that we can learn from. Learning how to work through it differently- with patience and empathy for the other. I've learned that I can't meet my spouses every need the way he expects me to, but I can CHOOSE to be a tool to show him God's never ending love for him and our marriage. 
  Jesus is waiting for us to love Him, to turn to Him and surrender everything to His will. We constantly fail and waste time doing things our way because we our selfish, prideful and full of ego. We think we know what's best for us and that we are strong enough on our own. Well guess what,                   
                                                   YOU AREN'T! 
 Your whole life can be made right by putting it into the hands of the One who created you in the first place. When you make the choice to let God have full rein of your life, you can love in ways you've never been capable of before. 
I pray that as you are reading my story, you keep your heart open to His work in your life and learn to let go and let God!


http://www.klove.com/blog/post/2010/01/25/Love-Dare-Day-20.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment