Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Love Dare: Day 2 Love is Kind...

The Love Dare
Today's Dare
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

  So, today I decided to make him a favorite breakfast item of our family (Egg Salsa Muffins) and give it to him when he dropped off  our son this morning. He smiled and said thank you and actually gave ME a hug goodbye! This made me feel really good as I have always been initiating a hug in the past. I also gave him a question on a piece of paper for my Day 5 Dare and told him to just write down his answer and give it back to me sometime in the next couple days. I'm not looking forward to receiving it as the question is,
 "what are 3 things that I have done that make you uncomfortable or irritated with me?" 
 That should be interesting and painful...haha!
Well, day 2 is done! I spent time to make him something I know he likes and will enjoy. 
Ok, not so hard! Right?

  I also had an hour and a half long conversation with someone this morning that I trust, look up to tremendously and respect very highly. They are blunt, honest and love us both very much. The conversation was really helpful and has made me reflect on some very serious questions and also reflect on myself as an individual. It's amazing how sometimes we don't see the very obvious things about ourselves and our character. How did we become molded into the people we are today? A lot of it has to do with our upbringing. It was a pretty heavy, deep conversation for 8am! 
  One question & I guess one of the most important was..."Why do you want your marriage to work?"  Well, the obvious answer would be that I love him and I want our family to be together. But I said, "Because he is the best thing that has happened to me in my life. He has grounded me, I love him and 
I love what he has shown me as how a family should be. He is a beautiful person and an amazing, loving father. He has taught me how to love and help me grow in my relationship with God." 
Of course, there are many other reasons, but that was just came to me right then...but it made me think more about it and why I'm fighting for us. 

   Another perspective that was pointed out to me was that through their eyes I have always adapted to whatever my surrounding is. Whoever I'm around, that's what I become and try to adapt to. At first, I was a little confused and didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. But once we started talking more about it, they pointed out that what I am is a survivor. A person that has had no other choice than to adapt, to just survive. I have had a very rough upbringing and had to grow up really fast, going through things that no child should have to and I've just wanted to belong. To survive 

   I've had the great fortune to travel the world and wear a lot of different hats in my lifetime. I have had many different roles and created different versions of myself to wherever I was at the time I my life. It's a part of finding out who we are as Individuals and I think we all have done that in different ways. But the thing is, what is it that I REALLY want for myself? What does ANGEY want? Not, what should I do because I think it's the right thing or to please others, but where is God leading me and what does He want for just ME in this life? Right away I knew....
  The best and most important role I have been blessed with is the role of a Wife and Mom. No matter what problems I have had in my marriage, I have never been more happy, content and fulfilled as I have been since the day I married my husband. My heart was filled more than I could have ever imagined or had received in my life. I felt complete. I knew I finally had a purpose.

   So, this is my constant reminder why I'm fighting. Why I won't let my heart harden and do whatever I can to learn how to love sacrificially.






http://www.klove.com/blog/post/2010/01/07/The-Love-Dare-Day-2.aspx


3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Angey, it'll all work out in the end. My heart aches for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Am! I'm trying my best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear. You can always call me if you need an ear, I no longer have your number due to phone issues. -Am

    ReplyDelete