Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tomato Basil Parmesan Bisque

I usually make meals that I know are super kid friendly, but unfortunately my son wasn't loving this one. That's ok, Momma's gotta have something special for herself once in awhile. As a foodie, this is one of my fave soups I've made because it has tons of flavor and texture, especially with a side of baguette bread! (Let's be honest, anything is better with bread!). I love that you can throw every ingredient in the crock pot and dinner is done!


 INGREDIENTS  
2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup finely diced celery  
1 cup finely diced carrots  
1 cup finely diced onions  
1 tsp dried oregano 
1 Tsp fresh oregano  
1 Tsp dried basil 
1/4 cup fresh basil  
4 cups chicken broth  
½ bay leaf  
½ cup flour  
1 cup Parmesan cheese  
½ cup butter
11/2 C. Half &Half
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Add everything in Crock Pot and cook on high for 3-4 hrs or low 5-6hrs. 

*Serve with baguette 



No comments:

Post a Comment