Tuesday, January 14, 2014

God understands...

Hey Everyone!
Sorry I have been MIA on here for awhile, I have been going through some major family stuff from all angles and chose to not blog till the dust settled a little bit. I just wanted to share something I read this morning that I thought might help some of you out there.
  I find myself  letting my emotions take control and not thinking before I speak and act. I don't let God guide my heart and I'm guilty of being very quick to respond in frustration, anger and just plain being upset. We desire to follow God faithfully, but find ourselves wondering off the path fast. We don't seem to understand ourselves either. We have conflicted emotions of how we feel and act and how we know we SHOULD be. This dilemma is nothing new, as that's why God tells us to be slow to speak and quick to listen. (James 1:19). It's a refreshing feeling to know that God understands our feelings and motives, and our misunderstandings, even when we don't understand ourselves. He understands us completely, I mean HE MADE US! He is here to help us when we stop to ask and listen. And again, the lesson of being quiet and still...no wonder so many people love meditation, yoga and other things that make us take a "time out" in our crazy, hectic lives. God is always speaking to us in many ways, most obvious is in His word. Other ways are through prayer, through other believers and through our circumstances. As I write this, I know God knows where my heart is & knows what I'm needing, even though I may not communicate it directly or correctly. Today I pray that I can allow the healing in my heart to begin, so I can be a better Mom, friend, and woman. To find peace in myself and think before I speak and not respond negatively.
  God brings us through hardships for a reason, He has a plan for you. Trust and be still. He hears you.

No comments:

Post a Comment